Our protagonist DUSTY is sitting back in his blue leather chair, smoking, taking a sip of his rockschool every now and again, with his feet resting on the bed and wearing nothing but skinny jeans. A bottle of JD sits on the table accompanied by an overflowing ashtray and a two litre bottle of Coca-Cola. JANE sits on the bed, upright against the wall, she looks a little rapt in DUSTY's laid back smirk.
JANE
What you thinkin'?
DUSTY
Thoughts.
JANE
Ha Ha, thoughts about what?
DUSTY
The future, and how I'm gonna be
famous, how I'm gonna be able to
afford things I want, how I'm
gonna have people I don't know who
love me. And how the future is only
one second away. Anything can happen.
JANE
What's gonna happen in one second?
DUSTY crushes out his cig in the ashtray, drains his drink, and looks at her.
DUSTY
This.
DUSTY springs out of the chair onto the bed, hoists JANE up so they're both standing on the bed and passionately kisses her against the wall. They eventually pull apart.
JANE
You know it isn't spontaneous if you
rush over to me every time after
you smoke.
DUSTY
No-one is perfect, apart from you.
JANE
And you're a romantic cunt.
DUSTY
That's only what it says on my passport.
She chuckles, he kisses her again.
DUSTY
I love you
JANE
I love you too. (kiss) Want to do something?
DUSTY
DVD? Or we can talk in length about
how lucky you are to land such a caring
and awesome guy like me?
JANE
Film it is then. You pick.
DUSTY
Erm... Inbetweeners?
JANE
Already watched all of them.
DUSTY
I don't really plan on watching them.
JANE
(sarcastically)
Ooo, you are a rogue, aren't you?
Mother warned me about guys like you.
DUSTY
(smiling)
Shut up.
DUSTY rushes to put the DVD on whilst Jane gets comfy in the bed. As soon as it's on DUSTY jumps under the covers and they fool around. They eventually fall asleep in each others arms.
The Next Morning: DUSTY is putting on eyeliner in his dusty mirror and JANE is getting dressed.
The Next Morning: DUSTY is putting on eyeliner in his dusty mirror and JANE is getting dressed.
JANE
Why are you putting on eyeliner just to
walk me to the bus stop? God you're so
DUSTY
walk me to the bus stop? God you're so
fucking vain.
DUSTY
Just cause I look better in skinnies than you.
JANE and DUSTY sit on the foot of the bed and hug.
JANE
We'll never be happy will we?
DUSTY
We're human, I'm a fool and you're too
good for a guy like me. So, no. I love you.
good for a guy like me. So, no. I love you.
JANE
I know you do.
They kiss.
Fade to Black.
Roll Credits.
They kiss.
Fade to Black.
Roll Credits.
No comments:
Post a Comment