Friday, 14 January 2011

Nazi's, Stand-up and Bubble Baths

Robinny Valo had a mental breakdown, probably inhaled some pro plus and fingered a antelope to record this ShoutyCast. I heard it's long so set aside a bank-holiday weekend.
VVVVVVVVV






Guten Abend dear Reader, you might be asking yourself why I'm putting up a new blog post sooner than a week than the last, the reason is some things have happened I want to write about simple as. Lately I've been thinking of what to call my fans, if I have/will have any, and since I am such a big fan of alliteration I've come up with two choices, either: "Dusty's Degenerates" or "Dusty's Drudes". I prefer the former and will address you as such. So degenerates you may now be asking yourself if these thing I'm about to talk about are important. No they aren't.

First day back at college was a hoot and a holler, until we were told we were going to be mainly researching the fucking Holocaust, and we were subjected to reading harrowing verbatim monologues of survivors of the greatest atrocity to mankind in recent history, then we continued on the merry subject in the afternoon by watching the move "The Pianist" which is award winning and very harrowing indeed. We were told to turn these monologues into a theatrical piece. Now I have probably written in the past that I use my humor/comedy to shy away from life, sad stuff and women... And it became starkly apparent as my brain melted and spouted surreal images of Hitler being a cokefiend, an SS officer on a skateboard and sexy nazi woman. I don't cope well when there's real life about.

It wasn't all Nazi's and coffee this week, I did a gig. On tuesday skiving off of voice class I took off to go see a movie and get my head straight before my gig. I sat in starbucks alone, venti cappucino infront of me, reading the play which my class will be performing in may, then I meandered across from the starbucks to the cinema to watch this Tron thing which is all in 3d and I donned my glasses, sat and watched some thing about a bizarre virtual world with this hot bird in it. Now the thing I hate about 3d is that it hurts my eyes because I am meant to focus on the thing the camera is focused on, but I'd rather be staring at that chick's arse not a young CGI rendition of The Dude. I left, got another coffee and went to SNAFU.

Whilst in snafu, I got a red bull cos I was too skint to drink, which inevitably meant it was my first gig without my preferred dutch courage to keep the nerves from clawing up my brain. Addled on more caffeine a nurse working a 72-hour shift, my brain became a flickbook of my upcoming act ExTertrisFascistMusicWankExTertrisFascistMusicWank
ExTertrisFascistMusicWankCTFMWCTFMW ad nauseum. CTFMW was what I had scribbled onto the back of my left hand with my glorious blue eyeliner, each letter symbolizing a part of the set, useless to anyone who looks at it but me, I had the cypher which made this jumble of letters into jokes and stories and such. They put me on second last so nerves had the chance to rise through me and take hold of me, but I shrugged them off as the compere called me up on stage, and I introduced myself, I corpsed a little bit throughout, and my first proper room laugh was unexpected when I said "My ex was pretty much just a bitch" (sorry if you read that, but it got a laugh) and that introduced a little bit I did, got a surreal heckle during my next bit, "Man up yi wimp, and play a man's game like draughts." I could comeback quickly as I had to laugh at that first. I finished up with me singing a little bit of a doors song then saying "I'm dusty, you've laughed, see ya" succinct but a nice outro which I'll keep.

That was my week really, hopefully I will regale you with better tales in the future, some with sorrow and some with misery, I don't have much choice.

Arrividerci,
Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment