Sunday, 19 December 2010

Nearing a Major Christian Holiday

This is the ol Shoutycast audiotrack to this bloggity bloo, click on it to hear me in your ears, making you slighty more downbeat this festive season!






What?!? We're approaching the Christ-Child's anniversary of birth, get out the wine, paper hats, trees and presents, it's time to celebrate! (alt title, too long)

The holiday we call Christmas is fast approaching and a rest from college comes with it. Christmas is odd when you analyze it, you get together with family, exchange gifts that you leave under a tree and overindulgence lying subliminally throughout the day, as you all drink, eat and argue too much. I like the gifts, but in the end even if it's good and useful it's still more stuff to clutter up my room (messy enough as it is), but I'm not going to throw off the shackles of the material world because I like my dvd and book collection too much. My favourite bit is the dinner.

Christmas Dinner. There isn't anything more that signifies most things I love, the gluttony of the occasion, the food, the booze, the plates stacked with too much food which makes people walk away from the table slowly and spout "That was brilliant, I'm full", the christmas pudding that no-one likes or eats but we still buy it, the communion of the family, exchanging stories about christmas past, dreams of christmas future and witticisms about christmas present and the christmas crackers popping arrogantly open and supplying us with sub-par pun-based jokes (but we still laugh), plastic bits of stuff, dwarf toolkits and the ever craved by me, the glorious bottle opener which shall reside in my pocket until lost on hogmonay, and finally my most favourite part the stuffing, oh the magnificent stuffing, that I love more that the other foods on the table.

I am still unsure what my plans are for this hogmonay, but the only thing that is certain is that there will be booze involved and a drunken dusty being a bit of a massive moron. I have a peculiar relationship with new years resolutions, the one's I keep I forget about, but those ones that I don't loom over me like an angry boss watching me through the year, shouting in my ear that I haven't done the work I promised to do. Bloody get off my back boss that doesn't even exist, at least I did stand up and improved my fitness a little bit and did well in my acting course.

Speaking of stand up, after the holidays I have a gig on the 11th of January, which is odd, because if you told me this time last year that I'd done a few gigs, made some punters laugh, and have upcoming gigs and such, I would've called you a mental case. Also I started my blog on the 31st of January 2010, so that will hopefully be cool. My first post is weird because it was about a girl I had a crush on, that I got involved with and then started up the blog again to complain about her ditching me but I'm thankful because that has given me this nice shade of miserable that lays over my outward persona. Still single, but I'm getting used to it again, only problem is I need a date for Burns Night 2011, but I'll cross that bridge when I miserably plod up towards it.

Feliz Navidad and an Apt Hogmonay
Dusty Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment